When your child has arthritis - by Arthritis Research UK (ARUK)
This booklet describes the different types of arthritis, outlines the best treatment and offers practical advice on living with and supporting a child with arthritis. It covers the following areas:
- What is juvenile idiopathic arthritis (JIA)?
- What are the different types of JIA?
- How is JIA diagnosed?
- What treatments are there for JIA?
- Will my child need to go to hospital?
- Who’ll be involved in treatment?
- Will my child need surgery?
- What about healthy living?
- Will JIA affect family life?
- How will my child cope with school?
- What financial help is available?
- Growing up with arthritis
- Taking control of treatment
- Becoming a teenager
- Looking ahead
- Research and new developments